Wednesday 8 July 2009

I don't care if Monday's blue, Tuesday's grey and Wednesday too

Remember how I was saying that it's warm and nice? Yeah, forget about that! London's back to grey - booo. So annoying having to drag out umbrellas and closed toe shoes ...

Why, London, why?


In the meantime, I had a nice nameday celebration yesterday - Got Crispy Creme doughnuts for my colleagues (and managed to only eat two!) and had a Wagamama dinner. Too bad they changed the menu so my favourite soup Miso Ramen Soup wasnt there anymore. Dont you have it when restaurants change their menu and leave out your favourite stuff?

As it was my nameday (Greek tradition by which you celebrate if you're named after a Saint on the day of the Saint's day basically), I am expecting muchos presents over the next few days as I see my sister and friends... I'll keep u guys posted! I'm very very very excited! :D

I had a quick work breakfast of granary toast with crunchy peanut butter spread (I think I prefer the smooth one overall tho - I am such a HUGE peanut butter fan - love it!) with a glass of semi-skimmed milk - yes we have one of those fancy vending machines at work which has the bad stuff (crisps, chocolate, fizzy drinks) and the good stuff (nuts, milk, cereal, energy bars). This works out pretty well when the 4pm hunger strikes and you have forgotten to pack some snacks from home.

I often try to bring lunch and/or snacks from home as it's a) healthier - you know what's in your food cause you made it! b) portion controlled - no temptations by an extra portion of cheese/bread/sauce and c) cost-effective - spending £5+ a day on just lunch is too too much and even though there is plenty of option around my work area it's still kinda silly to be spending that much just on one meal a day. However, I am now in the process of moving houses so I am trying to keep my pantry and freezer stocks low and eat them up as before I move out. It's not a very smart idea to have to move food around so my fridge is looking rather like a wasteland at the moment. Which means of course, there is nothing to make into lunch food, hence I buy from the shops!

Ok just realised how long this post is! Sorry, didnt mean to just rant! And since I dont like blocks of texts with no pictures, here's a little selection of what I already have!


Tube Strike London



My sister making friends with a little goat at Mudchute Farm


cu later xx

2 comments:

  1. My presents to you are coming soon...sorry I didn't send them on time but you know the reason! I am sure you will get other beautiful presents in the meantime, but I can not wait to see your reactions for those I have for you! xxx

    ReplyDelete